If you are having a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
Expert ER and ICU services near Richmond, Virginia
HCA Virginia facilities in the greater Richmond and Henrico County area treat more than 250,000 patients each year in our emergency rooms and intensive care units, which include pediatric ERs and pediatric ICUs (PICUS), neonatal ICUs (NICUS) and freestanding ERs.
Have a question about emergency care? Call our nurses 24/7 at (804) 320-3627.
You can trust any medical emergency to the expert teams at HCA Virginia facilities. Our board-certified doctors, trauma surgeons and emergency care staff have expertise in treating seriously injured patients, pediatric and neonatal patients and stroke and heart attack patients.
Find an ER near Richmond, Virginia:
HCA Virginia has 10 emergency rooms in Richmond, Virginia, making it convenient for you to receive emergency care close to home. Some of our locations also have trauma centers.
There are six HCA hospitals near Richmond with ERs:
- Chippenham Hospital ER
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital ER
- John Randolph Medical Center ER
- Johnston-Willis Hospital ER
- Parham Doctors' Hospital ER
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital ER
There are four HCA freestanding ERs near Richmond:
Choosing an ER
If you have time to choose an emergency room, consider the following:
- Select a location closest to your home, school, work, pharmacy and other important places.
- If you need specialized care, find the hospital that meets those needs. For example, if you're taking your child to the emergency room, one of our hospitals with a pediatric ER is a wise choice.
- Find the location with the shortest wait time. Wait times can be found on each ER website or via text message by texting “ER” to 32222. (Message and data rates may apply. For more info visit www.texterhelp.com)
- An ER in a location that’s familiar to you may be the best location for you.
Find an intensive care unit near Richmond, Virginia
At HCA hospitals in Virginia, our ICUs are designed to provide advanced care to seriously ill or injured patients. Our ICUs are staffed with specially trained doctors, nurses, respiratory and physical therapists, nutritionists, pharmacists and social and case workers. Our teams work together to provide constant attention to individuals during their time in the intensive care unit.
HCA Virginia has five ICUs in the greater Richmond area:
- Chippenham Hospital ER
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- Parham Doctors' Hospital
We are available 24/7 to answer your emergency care questions. Please call (804) 320-3627 to speak with our nurses.